Saturday, October 17, 2009

I just started the novel, "The Picture of Dorian Gray," by Oscar Wilde. It was recommended to me and I enjoy classic literature. I fear for the protagonist, Dorian Gray. Painted young, naive--untouched by the world. Then the world hits him. In 20 years will he look at the portrait and hate what he has become? Will he become cynical, hateful, fearful? I look back at my life and am enjoying the age I am now. My children are all adults and I LOVE conversing with them at an adult level. I can lavish my energies on my little grandaughter, Sydrah. My husband Doug & I have more freedom with our time. But mostly I like where I am with God--HE is so real to me. It's amazing. Yes, I wish I knew back then what I know now and if I had to do it all over again, there are definitely some things I would do over--but God gives me the freedom to leave those things in His care and to look to hope for the future knowing HE is in control of all things. I do not need to fear. Hey, doesn't God's Word say something to that effect? It's true. It's truth and He offers it willingly. Wow!

No comments: